What is Augmented Reality?
Augmented Reality (AR) is an artificial environment created through the combination of real-world and computer-generated data. We used it to create a 3D virtual tour of select appliance products we carry. Download the Lowe's app to view the select products in the May 10th flyer.
With your smart mobile device with a camera using the operating systems specified in the system requirements below, aim the camera at the 3D specified product in the flyer and view it in full 3D; click on the ‘hotspots' for an interactive experience and to get more product details.
What are the system requirements of this application?
- iOS 4.2 and above , Devices: iPhone 3GS (with limited graphical performance and slower experience), iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2nd Generation, iPad 3rd Generation, iPod 4th Generation
- Android 2.2 (Gingerbread) and above. Some example compatible devices below:
- Android Phones: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy R, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, T-Mobile G2x
- Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Medion Lifetab, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive
- For optimal performance, we recommend re-booting your device after downloading and closing other applications when launching the Lowe's Virtual Experience.
What is the file size of this application?
76.2 MB - Universal iOS
23.2 MB - Android
Do I need to sign up for a new account to shop the App Store/Google Play?
- If you already have an iTunes Store account, you can shop the App Store.
- If you do not have an iTunes Store account, you can create one using iTunes.
- Verify that the country flag at the bottom of the iTunes Store home page displays Canada
- Choose Store > Create Account
- You can create an iTunes Store account directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Once you have logged in, or created an account, you'll be able to use iTunes to download apps.
- To use Google Play to download Android apps, you'll need to have a Google account with a Google email (either Gmail or a Google-hosted domain) associated with your phone.
- Follow these steps to add an existing Google account to your device or create a new Google account for use with Google Play:
- Turn on your device and tap the Google Play Store app. (If you haven't added an email account to your device, you'll be prompted to "Add a Google Account.")
- Follow the instructions on the device, which will walk you through either signing into an existing Google account or creating a new Google account.
- Once you have added your existing Google account or created a new account, you'll be able to use Google Play to download Android apps.
How do I download the application?
Starting May 8th, simply scan the QR code from your Lowe's flyer or visit lowesflyer.ca using your IOS or Android device with camera. Select your device and install. Or visit the iTunes store or the Google Play and search for the app named "Lowe's Virtual Experience" and select install.
Does this application cost money?
No, this app is free.
How do I run the application?
Once the app is downloaded onto your device, touch the icon on the home screen to launch. Look for the LG appliances with the 3D symbol in the flyer, activate the app, point your camera at the flyer page and enjoy the interactive virtual reality experience.
What countries is this application available in?
This app is only available in Canada.
Is the application available in my language?
This app is only available in English.
How long does it take to download the application?
As with all mobile downloads and apps, the speed of download is dependent on your connection speed which can be affected by things such as signal strength, mobile reception and interference. Connecting using Wi-Fi will be a faster experience.
Why isn't this application working on my device?
Ensure that your device is compatible with this app. See above for system requirements. Ensure you are in a well-lit area, and the flyer is on a table (preferably one close to waist height). Do not obstruct, modify or interfere with the 3D pages.
The display is a little shaky at some points. Why is that?
This is common with some devices. Try and keep your device as steady as possible to alleviate any unnecessary shaking. Also insure you are in a room with a lot of light and the flyer is not obstructed, modified (written on, crinkled, ripped, etc).
I can't see the hotspots on the products. What do I do?
Ensure that you are standing directly in front of the appliance when it appears. If you are situated above, to the left, right or back of the appliances the hotspots are not visible, move around to the front to see them.
I can only see one item. Are there more?
Click on menu from the bottom navigation. You will be able to scroll through the three LG items. Click on the item you would like to view.
I've read all the FAQs, and still have a question or issue. Where do I go for help?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.